Thursday, September 4, 2014

Some New Scrap Cards

After I posted the box with the pretty bow yesterday I had someone ask if I used a full sheet of DSP to make that bow?  The answer is, no I did not.  I came close, but there were a few pieces left.  If you've been around my blog very much you know I love to take scraps and see what I can come up with.  Being me, I felt like the question was a challenge and I love a good challenge so I set out today to see what I could do and here are the cards I made.  I used the leftover scraps from the All is Calm DSP which I had made the bow from and I used the Under the Tree Specialty DSP from the box.  I used half sheets of regular cardstock for the bases of the cards.


This one I used Lost Lagoon for the base and a little scrap of Pool Party for the sentiment.  The sentiments on these cards are from the FREE Exclusive stamp set Good Greetings, which a host can receive FREE with a $300 party total (before tax and shipping) until October 31, 2014.





 I punched the stars using the star from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I added a few Rhinestones and then popped several up on Dimensionals.  The base of this card is also Lost Lagoon with a second layer of Crumb Cake.  You can see the color difference in the Kraft DSP and the Crumb Cake.  I really like the contrast.




This card I wanted to have a specific focal point so I used the star from the brand new set from the Holiday Catalog called Bright and Beautiful.  This set has three different size stars.  I used the middle size star and heat embossed it.  The color I used is Soft Suede.  I first inked my stamp with Versamark ink and then inked it with the Soft Suede.  By inking first with the Versamark it gave me extra time to emboss because Versamark is a clear pigment ink.  I then stamped and sprinkled clear embossing powder on it.  I then used my heat tool to melt the embossing powder and give me a shiny finish.  In real life it is very shiny.  I of course had to add a Rhinestone in the center and popped it up with Dimensionals.




This last pic shows you what I had left from the two sheets of DSP.  Not too bad, would you say?  The All is Calm piece is 1/4" x 2".
Once again thanks for stopping by.  I know there are quite a few of you who do.  I just checked my stats and this last month I've had over 1,200 hits.  That sure makes this girl feel good.

Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

Nancy Gleason said...

These are beautiful! And to think they were made with scraps! TFS - I love your color combos too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails