Friday, August 8, 2014

Hello There Hostess!

As most of you know I deal with Fibromyalgia and a few weeks ago and had a terrible flare up and ended up going to the doctor.  Well after a shot and some meds I was feeling better and have been on the upswing the last couple of weeks....just feeling great.  Well, I should have known it wasn't going to last for long I guess.  I could feel it coming on last night, but thought that with some rest I'd be ready to go this morning.  Such was not the case, I went about with my routine.  I went for my morning walk and well let's just say I didn't go as far as I usually walk and it felt like I was going up hill both ways.  I got back and thought a shower would do it.  Took my shower and then got started on a cake order I had for today.  It was all I could do to get through.  I'm just exhausted feeling, but I'm going to remain optimistic that I will feel better tomorrow.  Here's hoping and praying.

Well here is the cake that I made and I felt like I was making it in slow motion.  Thankfully I double checked the spelling on the name because I had made this young ladies graduation cake several years ago and spelled her name wrong and ended up going to her dad's house to fix it.  Silly me!

 
This is the card I squeezed in today as well.  Something simple, but simple is good too.  Not every card needs to take a long time to make unless you want it to.

I used two of our new In Colors for this card.  Hello Honey and Black Berry Bliss.  The Hello There is from the hostess set Hello There.  Not a surprise there is it?  The star is from the set Be a Star stamp set and cut out with the Star Framelits and the little stars I made using the Decorative Mask Hearts and Stars.  These are really easy to use and super inexpensive.  You get the stars and the hearts for $2.95.  There is another set called Dots and Strips as well.  I used Sponge Daubers to sponge the ink on the mask.  The Hello Honey piece was a leftover piece that I had used the Deco Labels Framelits on, so no waste with that piece of cardstock.  I colored the Rhinestones using the Wisteria Wonder Dark Blendies Pen.  The little heart is popped up on a dimensional.  The background is the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.

So that is it for tonight.  Time to relax with my hubby for a bit.  Tomorrow will be a busy day.  I have to take my dad to Bay City for a PetScan and then we have Bible school in the afternoon.

Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

Lori Griffore said...

Beautiful cake........praying you feel better today....stronger and rested up

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails