Friday, August 9, 2013

Strawberry Slush Glitter

I'm late in posting today, but today was a cake day so that had to come first.  I straighten up some in my stamp room since I really hadn't cleaned at all since making convention swaps.  I've just been working around the mess and I couldn't stand it any longer.  I hadn't even put all my new stuff away in it's place.  So in the end I had some Silver Glitter paper that I had sprayed pink and a piece from Chalk Talk stamped and I went from there.  Here's what I came up with.

 
I ended up using some of the In Color stack DSP since I finally organized my current DSP.  I will show you tomorrow how I'm storing it.  You will love it.  I think I've finally found a wonderful solution for me and it will keep my DSP in the open where I'm more apt to use it than hoard it.  Ok on to the card.  I used the Hexagon Punch to make the chevrons.  Here are a couple of pics to show you how I did it.  (re-inker, 70% rubbing alcohol and a SU spritzer is the way to color the glitter paper.)
 
I punched a hexagon and then inserted it back in the punch and punched again.
 

This picture shows you what kind of shapes you get after punching.  Isn't that neat?  It makes this punch even more versatile.  I saved the diamond shapes and will use them on another project.

Well I'm hoping to head back to the stamp room in the morning to do a little more cleaning and straightening up.  I really want to get my room back in order and get the new flooring down so I can organize everything and enjoy my room once again.  It's been tore apart for too long.  The flood in the basement happened in the Spring so it is time.  Do you hear that Frank?

Blessings,
Renee
 

2 comments:

Jan Hoyt said...

great idea

Jan Hoyt said...

great card...love the chevron idea, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails